Friday 25 September 2015

Spotlight Designer: Nikita Azad

Hello Everyone!!!

This month it's all about that sparkle and shine to shine brighten your projects!!! YES, it's the Sparkle and Shine theme this month and I'm very excited as we all love a little sparkle along our way!!

It's time to have another Guest Designer here at Lulupu and this time around we have someone who needs no introduction and yes, she has also been a former DT member and Blog Co-ordinator with Lulupu. We have Nikita Azad making a lovely card for us today. 
Lets checkout a little more about Nikita, before we see what she made for us!


Hello everyone, I am so glad to be back here. :)

1.       Tell us a little about yourself and your family.
I live in Mumbai with my husband. I have been crafting since 2011 and loving it. I also love to write and currently, I’m adding finishing touches to my first novel.

2.       How did you become interested in crafts and what inspired you to start blogging?
It started when I bought a Beginner’s Quilling Kit. To learn more about Quilling, I followed many crafter blogs and accidently stumbled upon card-makers and scrapbookers. Lulupu (then known as the Crafting Queen Store) was my first shopping stop for craft supplies in India.

As far as blogging is concerned, I started blogging in 2009, but it was more of a diary. I wrote about my experiences, a few short stories and poems. So I knew what blogging was. I started my craft blog in 2012 (or ’11, I don’t remember exactly) but I didn’t post there regularly until 2013.

3.       What are some of your "go-to" supplies for crafting?
Sew Easy tool and Washi Tapes. Ironically, I have used neither in this project. Die cuts are my new favourites too.

4.       What is your favorite crafting technique?
I love layering and Stitching.

5.       How would you describe your crafting style?
This is the question I am most afraid of, because I don’t have a clear answer for this :P
I would say my style is a mixture of a couple of things because even though I don’t do multiple layers and shabby chic, it’s not completely CAS too. Now you all decide what you want to call that ;)

6.       How long have you been crafting?
I first started crafting in 2011. I took a break last year around June to finish my book and have been crafting since February this year again. :)

7.       My signature style
I have no signature style because I mix a lot of styles in my work. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not.

8.       Who are some of your influences? Who has been your inspiration?
When I started out, I watched a lot of videos by Gina K, Kristina Werner and Stephanie Barnard. So even though my style is nothing like theirs, I did learn a lot from them. And then there are our fellow Indian crafters, all of them, who influence your work in some way or another because even though you don’t consciously remember, somewhere, something you’ve seen does inspire you to make something of your own.

9.       When not crafting , what keeps you busy?
I write, I read, I binge watch TV (if I’m not sleeping) and I sleep. And if I still have some time left, I manage to do some housework too.

10.   What are you currently working on?
On the crafting side, I am currently mostly on DT commitments. Other than that, I am working on Query Letters to send to Literary Agents who will find me a publisher. *fingers crossed*

Today, I have a nice little card and a quick video (yes, video!) for you. Here’s what I have made.



In the video, I have focussed on using UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and Twinklets Diamond Dust.



For more sparkle and shine, I have used glittered brads..



...and sequins
...and stickles glitter :)



Here are some more pictures






Here’s the video



That’s all I have for you all now! I hope you found the video useful (and the card inspiring :P)

Thank you so much for having me here. It’s always such fun.

Until next time!
Love,
Nikita.

That was one awesome card!! Thank you for joining us here today and Glad to know a little more about you!

Happy Crafting!
Manu


3 comments:

  1. Glad to know more about you Nikita! Stunning card with a faux black board... :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Nikita :) i absolutely agree with you on how we all get influenced & inspired by fellow crafters :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.