Monday 15 June 2015

Art Journal Escape

Hello friends,

Its my second post this month, my turn to share something that I'm working on right now. Instead of sharing my latest layout, this time I've decided to take you behind the scenes and share how I discover and practice / discover new techniques, products

This my friends is one of my Art journals, the one in which I experiment and try out different products, colour , media combinations and techniques and that's why it stays behind the scene. Days when I don't have a project in progress, these pages are waiting to be experimented on. Experimenting means  there is no pressure to create anything that's picture pretty, no restrictions, just one ground rule - enjoy the process.  This also means there will be no cringing when a technique doesn't work out or when several colors pool together and result in a black mess.


After filling up nearly half the book, finally altered the cover of the journal this weekend. I first sealed the chiupboard cover with gesso and then went to town with a whole heap of media - texture paste through stencils, mists, sand texture, glass glitter and finally stamping with archival inks.

Here is a peek at one of the inside pages - texture paste applied through cling wrap; overheated gesso so it bubbles, glass glitter + gesso through stencil and the list goes on. 

I hope you find some crafty arty time this week and try something new. Don't forget to have a look at our challenge this month: Summer Splash and link up a project to win some goodies.

Cheers,
Kripa

3 comments:

  1. I love the textures on the cover page Kripa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dolly. The cover turned oit more beautiful than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is wonderful Kripa! Love the blend of perfect colors & textures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.