Friday 7 September 2012

This used to be a....glass jar

After some extremely creative and brilliant inspiration from Nikita and Snehal...this is Juhi with an altered glass jar.
I am not going to share a detailed tutorial cause I don't think it needs one, there's no rocket science about the whole thing, I took this glass jar,

removed the logo and simply covered it with washi tape.
Then I went ahead and die-cut some flowers from old paperbacks and packaging,
sprayed them generously with smooch spritz, walnut stain ink and May Mist.
Paper pierced the flowers and added a button for the flower center with some copper wire which I've had since I was a kid! The wire also acts as the stem for the flower. This is what the finished flower looks like.
After playing around with the arrangement of flowers in the vase I finally settled with this...
Hope you like it, and don't forget to link up your altered project here......can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Juhi

16 comments:

  1. Oh Absolutely Brilliant.Love it ,love it ,love it!! Amazing transformation Juhi!!Such elegance you have brought to the humble jar!! So far not been tempted by washi tape...but after seeing this I feel I must go and buy it..I see no easier way to manouvre the curves of a glass bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is lovely. I love the idea of covering the jar with washi tape! Gorgeous blooms too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea! Perfect for someone who wants to do home made decor :) And Washi tapes are wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the use of the washi tape! Now, I think I should order some. Then, I needn't throw these bottles away! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pritesh, yes I would recomment washi tape to every crafter, it is so versatile. Lulupu.com has a wide range.

      Delete
  5. awesome way to alter jars..the blooms are so so fab and the washi tape idea is super loving !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your altered jar look so beautiful... the way you have used the washi tape is simply amazing !!! fab idea...and love your corrugated blooms too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh! I am so amazed at how beauty can manifest in just about anything! especially here with the lulupu team. Just wanted to acknowledge that I am in love with you ladies!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aarathi...., such lovely feedback makes our day :)

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous jar...what a clever idea to use the washi tapes.and the flowers are gorgeous too.beautiful and conversation starter jar and a very kewl idea for home decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome... love the washi tapes.. the flowers and well to be repetitive...everything...I love washi tapes myself and now I know how to use them even more.. Thanks for the inspirations Juhi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is amazing! Hats off to you Juhi.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great work! good idea to cover the bottle tops and the arrangements is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi
    i lovd ur altered items its so nice esp the binder clips its very gud as well as easy....very creative ideas....i wd luv to try them out...

    Actully i was checking ur old glass jar wth flowers...u mentioned u sprayed some smooch spritz,walnut stain ink and May Mist.....i wanted to know what are they exactly as i am not aware of it so i just was curious to know abt it...i do painting but its more with fevicryl products....so can u pls tell what it is and which brand do we ask for as well as where do u get them...Also wanted to know wt is washi tapes i mean do u ve any other name fr it...I guess i bored bt sorry ....thx
    Divya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.