Sunday 24 June 2012

Different techniques, same stamp

Hello Crafters of Blogland,

Welcome to yet another post about Stamping! Before that, let me remind you that we have a stamping challenge this month and a wonderful price is up for grabs.. A Micia stamp set!!! Check out the details about the challenge here. You have 7 more days (including today) to enter. Good luck!! :)

Back to my post now. The Lulupu Store has an amazing collection of Micia stamps and some of the wood mounted stamps are gorgeous. There was one particular (huge) wood mounted stamp that caught my attention and I just had to have it, so I bought it. :P


Since this is a background stamp, I used different stamping techniques to create cards. And once again, I have been so pressed for time that my life is on the brink of chaos, that I was once again unable to do a video! To top that, the nail on my thumb broke. I was so bummed. :P So anyway, I have a picture post today that does not feature my hands, but still gives you a pretty good idea of what I did.

Card #1
For this card, I simply stamped the image on to the card using the Brown Micia dye ink and stamped a sentiment. I was done with this card in literally less than 5 minutes. It's very very simple and easy on the eyes, yet there's something about this card that makes it seem full. Probably because the background takes up a whole lot of space on the card that doesn't make it feel empty.


Card #2
For this card I decided to create a silhouette on a distressed background. Here are the products I used for this card.

I first distressed the entire front of the card in Tumbled Glass and Broken China.

Then I inked the stamp with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black


Then I slowly placed my card on the stamp (as opposed to the stamp on the card because of the size of the stamp) and put a piece of scrap paper over it and ran my fingers all over the stamp, applying slight pressure to ensure that the ink transfers evenly onto the paper.

And voila, the card was done!! I could then add any sentiment I wanted!

Here's the finished card..

Card #3
This is similar to the earlier card. The only difference is that I tried the silhouette on patterned paper instead of directly on the card or a distressed background and that gives a whole another look to the card!!

Card #4
For this one I tried the emboss resist technique (See how to use emboss resist in the tutorial by our Guest Designer, Kavitha - here) Here are the products I used...

Now about the Micia Watermark ink pad. I used this today for the first time and I was using Versamark till now. But I was pleasantly surprised! This ink pad is extremely sticky and stays that way for a long time giving you a large window to splatter your embossing powder on it. And the embossing powder sticks really well to the ink!

I followed the same steps as before, the only difference being that I used the anti static pad on the card stock before I stamped and used the watermark ink instead of black. I then splattered Clear embossing powder on the card and used my heat tool to melt the powder. At this point, the card looked something like this..

After this, I distressed the entire front of the card with Spun Sugar, Milled Lavendar and Dusty Concord distress inks and the ink resisted the area that was embossed leaving it white! Here's the finished card.

That's all folks!! I hope you guys try this stamp out. Every technique gives a different feel to this card.

Here's the list of products I used.

1. Card Stock - Locally Purchased
2. Stamps:
     Hello Friend & Many Thanks - Lawn Fawn
3. Inks:
     Memento Tuxedo Black
     Distress Inks – Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Spun Sugar, Milled Lavendar, Dusty Concord
6. Clear Embossing Powder

Happy Crafting!!

Nikita...

4 comments:

  1. Gr8 idea...so many luks with just one stamp! I so vry much want to try the emboss resist technique (no heat gun though :( )..all ur cards luk so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i like the way you have showcased this stamp in so many different ways...i am so inspired!!i really like all your cards using this stamp!!!they all look so lovely!!TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. one single satmp and so many techniques ...wow !! very insiring tutorial...thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.